Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My U.S. Visa

Its been a long time...... Anyways, Im back.

Yesterday was a fine day for me. You see, I never intended to visit America for economic reasons. I never believed in leaving a family to get rich. I keep telling myself that if I ever get the chance to visit other countries, it will be purely for business or pleasure. And yep, got the chance to stay for five days in Hawaii this coming April.

My visa interview was very interesting. The officer kept asking me who will be paying for my bills (and that's a more than a G of US dollars for plane fare alone). And I kept telling him that it won't be my money (I have to slave it out and not eat for more than 3 months before I earn that amount). He finally got tired and gave me a thumbs up. The only thing that got me was I never knew that the process would take almost four hours! I was so hungry before my interview number was called that I was shaking both from nervousness and hunger.

No comments: